A typical challenge in packaging, and bottling applications is trying to balance product integrity, where the container might be too weak and crush under load, and excessive raw material cost, where the container is too strong. Top load testing accurately indicates the buckling or failure point of a container, allowing you to adjust the design (during R&D) or monitor your production process.
In this webinar, we’ll discuss identifying and troubleshooting variables that impact compressive force testing in top load packaging, and bottling applications, setting up repeatable compression force tests and establishing consistent testing methods for your products. We’ll talk about real-world applications and show top load tests in-action.
What we’ll discuss:
- General overview of Compression Force Testing
- How to measure:
- Force at a distance
- Deflection at a force
- Peak crush or break force
- Top Load Testing - defined
- Establishing Pass/Fail Criteria
- Compression Platens, Probes and Fixturing
- Compression Testing In-Action