Torque testing beauty product closures
- Manually-operated digital Closure Torque Tester
- Small printer for results output
- Quick and easy representative closure torque results
- Ability to capture data for tamper-evident events
- Data capture and reporting to printer at point of test
"Mecmesin's Tornado testers are very easy to use. Even people who had no experience in this area found them simple to operate. We achieved very reliable results and found that the Tornadoes were easily adapted to test many different bottles and pots. The machines produced printed paper results or a digital file and we found this was a very easy way of keeping opening torque records. They are a very useful instrument for packaging."
Zachos Elias, Quality Control
Korres Natural Products S.A.
A manufacturer of a wide range of skin, hair-care, make-up and sun-care products based in Greece needed to replace their outdated torque testers with up-to-date digital torque testers to guarantee production quality and to ensure their products remained sealed. The new torque tester had to be able to test tamper-evident closures for slip torque and bridge torque on a wide range of plastic and glass bottles and pots. The torque testers had to have clear intuitive controls, with easy-to-read pass/fail parameters, an on-board memory to keep statistical results, and also had to be waterproof for testing on the production floor.
Mecmesin supplied the company with two Tornado 10N.m digital torque testers, which have the ability to test tamper-evident closures, an intrinsic part of their specification. The 4 peg clamping method was favoured as it was the most versatile way to hold a variety of containers. The peak torque readings were clearly visible to all operators who used the data output facility to record the results on a statistical printer. The manufacturer, who received training and technical instructions as part of the after-sales support offered by Mecmesin distributors, said they chose the Tornado digital torque tester because it’s reliable and offers value for money.
- Tornado 10 N.m Digital Torque Testers
- Mitutoyo Printer DP1-VR
- Company: Korres
- Industry: Cosmetics
- Korres' goal is to develop innovative and effective products based on natural, active ingredients, to promote the research of natural ingredients in relation to skin biochemistry and to project the benefits of unique Greek flora through cooperations with local farmers and the production of their own high value organic extracts.