Wall-mounted air freshener destructive loading evaluation
- Motorised tensile test stand and gauge
- Custom grips and fixtures to exact specification
- Accurate replication of loading in service
- Simple and reliable test procedure
- Versatile fixturing to apply multiple load conditions
The customer wished to apply a controlled load of 350N to a wall mounted air freshener, replicating the effect of a child standing on it. The load needed to be applied in turn to 4 different planes on the product, e.g. top, bottom, middle and end.
The customer wished to carry out a non-destructive test to enable a comprehensive evaluation of the product and any associated wear characteristics. It was felt this process would be hindered if the sample had been destroyed during test.
The application was successfully solved using an UltraTest test stand, a 500 N Advanced Force Gauge, and stand reverse cable with a bespoke fixture.
The fixture incorporated an interchangeable plug socket, which secured the air freshener as if wall mounted. The fixture was based around a machined box, which when located on different faces, presented the sample to the loadcell at the appropriate position.
- UltraTest (superseded by the MultiTest-dV series)
- 500 N AFG
- Stand Reverse Cable
- Air Freshener Location Fixtur