The Mecmesin Myometer is a highly accurate instrument suited to a wide range of muscle strength evaluations and ergonomic testing.
Developed in partnership with medical professionals, this dedicated instrument is able to perform more consistent fixed-point isometric muscle strength tests. The included accessories plus automatic calculation and display of the Constant Score values provide a complete solution for quick and reliable patient assessment.
Got a question about this system? Get in touch and speak to one of our Technical Sales Engineers now...
Speak to an expert
Choosing your accessories
It's important that your sample is gripped and held correctly to achieve accurate test results.
Our accessory catalogue contains a wide range of accessories and you should find exactly what you need. Key specifications (such as load rating) are listed on all of our grips and fixtures.Example test accessories
The Mecmesin Myometer is the ideal instrument for the measurement of patient physiological strength. It provides healthcare professionals with an invaluable tool for the assessment of injury and disease progression, and treatment success. Additionally, as a sports training aid, it can objectively assess muscle development. It is supplied with accessories to enable fixed-point testing, the method established as providing the most reliable results compared to using hand-held devices.
The instrument can be securely clamped to a desk and the patient's limb held in an adjustable strap to provide the most consistent and accurate measurement.The patient pulls against the restraint and the Myometer records and clearly displays the resistive force.
The standard Constant Score calculation method of the muscle strength element of shoulder joint functional assessment can be automatically implemented and the results displayed immediately the test is completed. From the start of the test, the Myometer records the applied load at 2 and 3 seconds, the maximum value, and the mean load between 1 and 4 seconds.
VectorProTM Lite data acquisition software
The Myometer can be supplied with Mecmesin's Windows-based software for logging, plotting and analysing the data.
VectorPro™ Lite enables a PC to communicate with the instrument by means of a bi-directional RS232 interface. The software retrieves the data, which is then accumulated and plotted as a function of time. You can then quickly and easily perform in-depth analysis of measurement from the graphical trace of the test.
- Drag and drop approach to test building
- Store, edit and recall any test sequence
- Real-time graph plotting
- Sophisticated graph examination and comparison tools
- Standard calculations with validation criteria
- Immediate display of results
- Automatic or manual export of raw data and/or results
- Report writer to PDF
- User accounts and security
- Personalised workspace, in language of choice
- Design also ideal for touch screen PCs
- 1000 N capacity
- All information clearly shown on digital display
- Accuracy ±0.1% of full scale deflection
- Data capture rate 5000 Hz
- Digital and analogue output
- Reversible display and backlight functions
- Traceable certification and calibration service
- Mounting bracket clamp
- Wrist/ankle cuff and strap
- Transit case
- Calibration certificate
- Operating manual
- Emperor™ Lite software and cables*
* Version with Emperor™ Lite
Features and benefits
- Simple to use
- Dedicated physiological strength instrument
- Complete accessory kit included
- Constant Score calculation
- Industry-recommended accuracy
- Software available for data analysis
Online test equipment and training demos
As more people are working from home to reduce non-essential travel, our technical sales engineers can provide online equipment demos or training sessions via web-based video calls.
If possible, send in your own samples and our sales team will be able to present your own products being tested.
Get in touch to discuss your requirements and to arrange an online demo or training session.