Coefficient of Friction (COF) testing measures the static and kinetic friction values to help determine the quality of the final product. It involves measuring not only the peak force as surfaces begin to rub against each other, but also the average force as they continue to, over a period of time or length.
This webinar will focus on the most common method for COF testing in accordance with ASTM D1894 and types of equipment used in COF testing, as well as best practices for selecting the ideal fixtures.
What You’ll Learn in the Webinar and Live Demonstration:
- Overview of COF Testing
- The importance of COF Torque Testing
- Selecting the Ideal Testing Equipment and Test Fixtures
- Running a COF Test according to ASTM D1894
- Establishing Pass/Fail Criteria
- Troubleshooting Inconsistent test results or non-repeatable tests
Who should attend?
Manufacturing, Production and Quality Managers and Engineers involved in:
- Plastic and Paper Packaging
- Oils and Lubricants