Lighting weld test
- Motorised tensile test system and digital gauge
- Wedge grips for grasping the terminal pins
- Rubber-coated pegs for securing the light specimen
- Repeatable and accurate test routine
- Clear peak load result indication
- Simple, low-cost solution
A simple, low-cost fixture was specified by the customer for the Quality Control Laboratory. This was to hold a lighting assembly in a test where the welded contacts were pulled off.
A Motorised Test System was specified as the test needed to be repeatable and accurate.
A multi-purpose Small Wedge Grip was used to hold both electrical contacts. The bulb assembly was held inside a mounting fixture attached to the Motorised Test Stand.
To prevent point contact and possible damage to the bulb assembly, 2 pegs with rubber sleeves were used to secure it. The contacts were pulled to destruction at a test speed of 50 mm/min with peak load being captured at a fast rate of 1200 HZ to ensure a high degree of repeatability between tests. A cable between the AFG and VersaTest Stand was used to automatically reverse the crosshead of the stand to its start position after the contacts were broken.
- VersaTest Motorised Test Stand (superseded by the MultiTest-dV series)
- 1000 N AFG
- Bulb Assembly Mounting Fixture
- Small Wedge Grip