We are seeking an additional Software Engineering Apprentice to assist the Software Development team. This role is in partnership with the University of Chichester and you would be required to attend university one day per week to gain knowledge and formal qualification.
The rest of the time you will be working at Mecmesin's head office in Slinfold, West Sussex (RH13 0SZ) so you will need to be able to travel to Slinfold and Chichester.
- To assist the Software Development team in developing and testing of high level software for use in a range of computer controlled systems.
- To attend Chichester University for knowledge base on Software Engineering under the Degree Apprenticeship programme.
- To ensure that all tasks and projects are completed in accordance with the appropriate Engineering & Design procedures.
- That due care is given to ensure that all developments encompass the latest techniques and practices.
- To work to agreed time scales maintaining a high standard of work.
- Work well with colleagues as part of a team.
- The creation of professional documentation and reports during the development and product support process.
- To establish good relationships with all internal departments.
- Organised and efficient approach to work with good administration skills
- Attention to details in terms of software design and UI design
- Able to complete projects from initial concept thorough design to finished quality product
Desired personal qualities:
- A good team ethos
- Confident manner
- Good communication e.g. Able to build relationships with suppliers / customers / staff
- Clear logical thinker
- Planning and project management
- Communication skills - multi level capability - shop floor to senior management
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Passion for learning software to the highest standard
- Level 3 in Software Engineering; A level Maths
- Interest in programming C#,.NET
- Evidence of some software development work
A staged career path to becoming a Software Development Engineer for Mecmesin Ltd with on the job learning and development.